Trap as Trap Can
|Season 1, Episode 13b|
April 10, 1988
Pooh and Piglet and Tigger help Junior Heffalump, who is having difficulty learning to trap from his father. Pooh and Piglet and Tigger make it their goal to help him practice. Tigger has something to say to them. Tigger teaches Junior Heffalump and Papa Heffalump a lesson about allergies. Tigger helps Gopher, Rabbit, Pooh and Piglet to Kanga’s House to help them out.
- Winnie the Pooh
- Papa Heffalump
- Junior Heffalump
- Mama Heffalump
|Jim Cummings||Winnie the Pooh|
|James Gallego||Papa Heffalump|
|Patricia Parris||Junior Heffalump, Mama Heffalump and Kanga|
“Honey For A Bunny”
“Trap As Trap Can”
With the Voice Talents of
Associate Story Editor
Additional Character Design
Additional Background Styling
Additional Color Styling
Overseas Animation Supervisor
Post Production Coordinator
Managing Film Editor
Songs Written and Produced
Animation Production by
©1988 THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY
All Rights Reserved
Buena Vista International, Inc.
- This episode marks the second and final appearance of Papa Heffalump and Junior Heffalump, with the first one being There's No Camp Like Home with Mama Heffalump, who does appear in this episode.
- This is the second episode of The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh that Tigger does appear in.
- This episode, along with Honey for a Bunny is included on the Winnie the Pooh: Springtime with Roo, DVD release, as a bonus episode and VHS.
- Kessie’s crying effect from Find Her, Keep Her is re-used in this episode.
- Remaining 1988 Episode.
- Gopher gets upset with Rabbit, Pooh and Piglet and Junior.
- This is the second Episode Tigger sneezes, the first one is The Piglet Who Would Be King.
- Tigger comforts Buddy Boys for the first time.
- Tigger: Piglet, hey, Piglet.
- Piglet: What is it, Tigger?
- Tigger: Hey, what’s the matter, Piglet?
- Piglet: We’ve all let down Papa.
- Tigger: Did you say you’ve all let down Papa Heffalump? Piglet, listen to me. It’s not true. It is not true. You’re upset, Bunny Boy’s upset. Buddy Bear Pooh Boy’s Upset and Gopher’s upset with Junior too. Now listen to me. I have something to say to you. When you blow up a sneeze and get upset with Junior and your friends, there’s only one thing to do. Destroy the trap and teach them a lesson about allergies.
- Rabbit: Tigger, no.
- Tigger: You’re coming with me, Bunny Boy, That goes Pooh, Piglet and Gopher. I’ve got a Terribibble plan for you.
- Papa Heffalump: Hey, I don’t believe it. I’m not trapped. Whew.
- Pooh, Piglet, Rabbit and Gopher: Whoa.
- Junior Heffalump: Oh, Papa. (crying)
- Papa Heffalump: Junior! (crying) What have you done? Do you what this means?
- Junior Heffalump: Goofed again.
- Papa Heffalump: Yes and you’ve also trapped and hurt them! And now I’m a bad father! (wailing)
- Mama Heffalump: (repeated terrifying line) (gasping) My baby!
- Pooh: Piglet, is that
- Piglet: Mama Heffalump?!
- Junior Heffalump: Mama?!?!
- Mama Heffalump: My baby! Whatever did you do? You trapped them and hurt them.
- Papa Heffalump: Let me handle this, Mama. Oh, my son, my son. What have they done with you? You trapped them bad! I failed you and the Woodland Creatures as a Father.
- Tigger: Step aside, step aside, Tiggers are great at breaking apart traps. Hey watch what you’re doing, you Heffalump napper.
- Mama Heffalump: Oh, dear, Papa, you’re awfully upset with your allergies along with my baby.
- Papa Heffalump: So?
- Junior Heffalump: What?
- Mama Heffalump: Don’t you remember? Tigger’s allergic to bad traps.
- Papa Heffalump: Bad traps too, Huh, I see.
- Tigger: (sneezes)
- Rabbit: Tigger, thank you.
- Tigger: Now let’s head to Kanga’s House.
- Papa Heffalump: Bye, Tigger. Thanks for saving your friends! So I thank... you!
- Tigger: There, there, Bunny Boy, Gopher, Piglet and Buddy Bear, we’re all going to miss Junior anyways. I’ve got a better idea.
- Kanga: Oh, thank you, Tigger. I have never seen Boys all upset over Junior’s bad Trap.
- Roo: It was a big confession.
- Kanga: Tigger, don’t you remember? You’re allergic to broken traps.
- Tigger: Oh, yeah. (sneezes)