- "Why, that's what Tiggers do best!"
Tigger is a ironic, mischievous, energetic tiger originally introduced in A. A. Milne's book The House at Pooh Corner. Like other Pooh characters, Tigger is based one of Christopher Robin Milne's stuffed animals.
Tigger is recognized as orange fur with black stripes, large eyes, long chin, springy tail, and his bouncy personality. His striped tail is long and can make a "BOING!" sound.
He shows up on Winnie-the-Pooh's doorstep in the middle of the night. He does not like Pooh's honey, Piglet's acorns and Eeyore's thistles. He went to Kanga's house, Tigger is loved extract of malt. Tigger loves bouncing around the forest. He is Pooh's exuberant, bouncy friend. He is also Roo's best friend. Lily The Tigger Tigger's mom Jerry The Tgger Yellow Tigger Tiggerosaurus Rex
- The House at Pooh Corner (1928)
- Welcome to Pooh Corner (1983-1986)
- The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1988-1991)
- The Book of Pooh (2001-2004)
- My Friends Tigger & Pooh (2007-2010)
- Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too (1991)
- Boo! To You Too! Winnie the Pooh (1996)
- A Winnie the Pooh Thanksgiving (1998)
- Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day (1968)
- Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too! (1974)
- Winnie the Pooh and a Day for Eeyore (1983)
- Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin (1997)
- Seasons of Giving (1999)
- The Tigger Movie (2000)
- A Very Merry Pooh Year (2002)
- Piglet's Big Movie (2003)
- Springtime with Roo (2004)
- Pooh's Heffalump Movie (2005)
- Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie (2005)
- Pooh's Super Sleuth Christmas Movie (2007)
- Tigger & Pooh and a Musical Too (2009)
- Winnie the Pooh (2011)
Songs by Tigger include:
- The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers (his theme song)
- Friends to the End - with Piglet (The Book of Pooh - "Once Upon a Happy Ending")
- Get Growing (The Book of Pooh - "Greenhorn With a Green Thumb")
- Mental Altitude - with Piglet (The Book of Pooh - "Tigger's Replacement")
- Stripey McSnarl Always Gets His Man - with chorus (The Book of Pooh - "Case of the Disappeared Donkey")
- Nothing's Too Good for a Friend - with Rabbit ("The Piglet Who Would Be King" - Story from The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh)
- Someone Like Me (The Tigger Movie)
- The Whoop-De-Dooper Bounce - with Roo (The Tigger Movie)
- Sing a Song With Tigger
In the Disney Pooh productions, Tigger often likes to refer to his friends by various nicknames, which include the following:
- Pooh - Buddy Bear, Pooh Boy, Buddy Boy, Fuzzy-Top, Fluff Boy
- Eeyore - Donkey Boy, Gray Buddy, Buddy Burro, Old Smiley
- Kanga - Mrs. Kanga Mam
- Kessie - Kesserini, Kesserino
- Roo - Roo Boy, Little Buddy, Little Nipper
- Owl - Beak Lips, Buddy Bird, Feathers, Featherduster
- Piglet - Piglet Ol' Pal, Pigcasso, Pigaletto, Buddy Boy, Little Guy
- Rabbit - Bunny Boy, Long Ears, RaRa, Fluffy Tail, Floppy Toe, Floppy Ears, Fluff Face, Ol' Cotton Bottom, Fluffy, Capitan Puff Face
- Darby - Dar-buddy, Dar-Dar, Darberina
- Turtle - Shell Boy
- Lumpy - Lumpster, Lumperino
- Buster - Busterino, Buster Boy, Little Poochie Guy
(Boldface indicates that the nickname is mentioned in Tigger's entry in the Disney Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters.)
- In Arabic, Tigger is known as نمور or Namoor in English letters.
- In Brazil, Tigger is known as Nigrão. In the Brazilian dub, Tigger's been voiced by Isaac Bardavid in all his appearances, except for some episodes of The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh in which he was voiced by André Luiz Chapéu
- In Dutch, Tigger is known as Neigetje. Not to be confused with the real animal "tijger".
- Neigetje is written without an R, but pronounced with an R. This is confusing, even for the children in Dutch.
- In France, the character's name is Tigrou and his voice was provided by Patrick Préjean in all Pooh productions
- In Portugal, Tigger is known as Tigre, the most weird is that is the real name of the animal.
- In Italy, Tigger is known as Tigro and has been voiced by Gil Baroni and Luca Biagini
- In Japan, Tigger is called ティガー and his voice is provided by Tesshō Genda
- In Russian, Tigger is known as Тигрa. His species is called Тигр, a word of tiger animal.
- In Randy Pausch's The Last Lecture: Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams, he asks whether one should live their life as a Tigger or as an Eeyore. Pausch indicated that he was a "Tigger".
- Tigger appears in four segments of the Cartoon Network show MAD: "Pooh Grit", "Fast Hive", "Adjustment Burro", and "Frankenwinnie".
- The Genie briefly turns into Tigger in Aladdin episode "As the Netherworld Turns".