Things That Go Piglet in the Night
|Season 1, Episode 14b|
January 1, 1989
|This article/section features spoilers. Continue reading at your own risk.|
The episode begins in a late afternoon, Pooh, Piglet, Rabbit, Tigger and Owl are all playing on the swing. The only ones not there are Eeyore, who is just watching, and Gopher, who pops out in his pajamas complaining about the noise and saying that it is too late and they should all be sleeping. Upon hearing this, Tigger stops the swing abruptly, causing everyone else to fall, Especially Gopher, and enthusiastically states that they must go to bed early in order to wake up early in the next morning and play more. The others follow him, and when Piglet withdraws a little, Tigger tells him that he wouldn’t want to stay awake in the night anyway, as there are monsters in the forest. This promptly convinces Piglet to run to his house and go to bed.
Deep in the windy night, the forest seems to be full of strange howls and shadows appearing on the windows. Piglet is scared and hides inside a pillow case, alleviated by the fact that now he won’t be able to see the ghosts. Tigger realizes the problem is not keeping Eeyore on the swing, so he decides to build an improvised parachute for Eeyore. This actually works. The Episode ends with Pooh and the gang on a Parachute.
|Jim Cummings||Winnie the Pooh and Tigger|
“THE MASKED OFFENDER”
“THINGS THAT GO PIGLET IN THE NIGHT”
With the Talents of
Assistant Story Editor
Overseas Animation Supervisors
Post Production Manager
Post Production Coordinator
Sound Effects Editor
Music Editor & Re-recording Mixer
Songs Written and Produced
Animation Production by
THIS PICTURE MADE UNDER
THIS JURISDICTION OF
©1989 THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Buena Vista Television
DVD and VHS releases
- Roo makes a non-speaking cameo appearance when Tigger was sleeping over at his house.
- Christopher Robin and Kanga are the only characters who don’t make an appearance in this episode.
- In shots of the woods involving either Piglet or Pooh’s hunting party, ghostly voices can be heard moaning Piglet’s name.
- When Tigger Said His First Lines Jim Cummings Voiced Him While Paul Winchell Voiced Him For The Rest Of The Episode.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the phrase “Things That Go Bump in the Night”.
- Paul Winchell does all the Dialogue Except His First Lines.