|Season 3, Episode 5|
October 6, 1990
|This article/section features spoilers. Continue reading at your own risk.|
Christopher Robin is cloud watching with Pooh when rain clouds start to roll in. Pooh does not notice because he is gone. Soon Pooh tries to get honey out of a bee hive with a huge bamboo pole, but instead he knocks an eggshell out of its nest and when it falls down, Pooh believes it is a piece of sky. Claiming Pooh broke the sky with the pole, Pooh and Tigger hold a meeting and they conclude that the sky will fall by dawn.
Everyone soon moves into Gopher's Tunnels. Gopher, who isn’t too thrilled about having house guests for the rest of time, devises a plan to fix the sky and volunteers Pooh to go with him. Gopher builds a huge contraption of ladders, ramps, and stairs up into the clouds, just as it starts to get dark, chilly, and windy. Piglet, Eeyore, Rabbit and Tigger lead an evacuation to Gopher's Tunnels, thinking Pooh and Gopher will die. The two start to climb up the ladder and Pooh rests on a cloud, while Gopher keeps climbing. But under Pooh’s weight the ladder collapses, trapping them in the clouds.
The ladder collapses and causes vibrations in the ground and air. At first, the rest of the gang was afraid to leave the tunnels because they thought the sky had fallen. When they emerged, they realized Pooh and Gopher were trapped in the clouds. Soon they came up with a rescue plan(s). Meanwhile, our other two heroes were having an adventure in the clouds. The clouds started to turn black and the air got windy and cold. The sky was about to fall (in reality it was just a thunder storm).
Gopher comes up with a plan to release the energy (rain) from the clouds and thus saving the sky. The water falls through the cloud onto the Hundred Acre Wood, scaring the rest of the gang. The thunderstorm ends and the cloud start to break up and drift away, dropping Pooh and Gopher. The gang catches them and later they have a party. Rabbit accidentally knocks down another eggshell and Tigger says Rabbit broke the sky too.
|Jim Cummings||Winnie the Pooh and Tigger|
|Tim Hoskins||Christopher Robin|
Assistant Story Editor
With the Voice Talents of
Key Layout Design
Supervising Timing Director
Post Production Manager
Post Production Supervisor
Post Production Coordinator
Managing Film Editor
Songs Written and Produced
Animation Production by
©1990 The Walt Disney Company
All Rights Reserved
Buena Vista International, Inc.
- This episode was release on the “Growing Up with Winnie the Pooh: Friends Forever” VHS & DVD.
- According to one of the trailers for “Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin” Special Edition DVD, this episode was originally planned to be a Bonus short on the DVD. It can be seen on with the Theme Song on VHS and the Bonus short on the DVD is “Winnie the Pooh & the Blustery Day”.
- The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Volume 8: The Sky’s The Limit VHS
- Winnie the Pooh Friendship: Imagine That Christopher Robin
- This whole episode is a parody to the story line of the old folk tale, Chicken Little, before it became a Disney Canonical film.
- Christopher Robin tells Pooh that clouds come from a cloud machine. This is wrong. Clouds are made of water or ice. Water or ice travels into the sky within air as water vapor, the gas form of water. Water vapor gets into air mainly by evaporation – some of the liquid water from the ocean, lakes, and rivers turns into water vapor and travels in the air. When air rises in the atmosphere it gets cooler and is under less pressure. When air cools, it’s not able to hold all of the water vapor it once was. Air also can’t hold as much water when air pressure drops. The vapor becomes small water droplets or ice crystals and a cloud is formed.